Thursday, October 14

Eucalyptus Oil to the Rescue

So I'm back and ready to blog!
My trip was fun/good...unfortunately, I got really sick the first 2 days. I had a really bad cold, migraines, stomach pains and a light fever! Not Fun. I felt like death. After the first day, my migraine and stomach pains went away. And after the 2nd day, my cold was almost completely gone. Talk about fast!
I don't take medicine, I don't believe in it, I only take medicine if I absolutely need to. And being in another country, on a vacation, I felt like I absolutely needed to get over being sick. I took one spoonful of cough medicine, I forget the name. But I don't think that did much for me at all!

What I do think that helped, was the Eucalyptus Oil.
Go figure!

So here's the deal.
I use Eucalyptus Oil in 2 things.
My Toner
My Aloe Vera Juice Mix

My Toner Mix is:
Witch Hazel
Rose Water (read up on this, its great for the skin)
a few Drops of Eucalyptus Oil (helps with acne)

My Aloe Vera Juice Mix is:
Rose Water 9very moisturizing for hair)
Aloe Vera Juice
Coconut Oil
Castor Oil
Eucalyptus Oil (this is my preservative to not have me refrigerate, it also stimulates hair growth and helps with dandruff)

I use both my toner and Aloe Vera Juice Mix twice a day.

One of the main reasons why I use  Eucalyptus Oil  in my toner is because I heard its good for pimples/acne/breakouts.Because it's an essential oil and can't be used alone, I was like heey why not use this in my toner. So, I did and it has been working wonderfully.
My face, mostly my jawline..broke out like crazy and I needed to fix it fast. I think the cause of the break-out was the growth aid I was using, so I stopped using it.

Anyways,  right after I used the toner, I felt like I could breath so much better and shortly after my cold was almost gone! My headache also went away really fast!
Read up on Eucalyptus Oil and figured using it on my face may be the reason why I got better so quick.


Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil

Respiratory Problems: Eucalyptus essential oil is effective for treating a number of respiratory problems including cold, cough, running nose, sore throat, asthma, nasal congestion, bronchitis and sinusitis. Eucalyptus oil is antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial, antiviral, anti inflammatory and decongestant in nature which makes it a good ingredient for many medicines for treating respiratory problems. A study published in Laryngoscope in 2004 shows its usefulness in treating non-bacterial sinusitis. Patients suffering from non-bacterial sinusitis showed faster improvement when given medicines containing eucalyptus oil. Gargles of eucalyptus oil mixed with warm water are effective on treating sore throat.


Wounds: Eucalyptus essential oil is a good antiseptic owing to its germicidal properties. On its exposure to air, ozone is formed which is a well-known antiseptic. Hence eucalyptus oil is used for healing wounds, ulcers, burns, cuts, abrasions and sores. It is also effective on insect bites and stings.

Muscle Pain: During muscle and joint pains, massaging eucalyptus oil on the skin surface helps in getting relief from the pain. The volatile eucalyptus oil is analgesic and anti inflammatory in nature. Therefore it is often recommended to patients suffering from rheumatism, lumbago, sprained ligaments and tendons, stiff muscles, aches, fibrosis and even nerve pain. The oil is massage in circular motion on affected areas.

Mental Exhaustion: An important reason why people like using eucalyptus oil is that it provides a cooling and refreshing effect. Normally people suffering from any disorder are down. Eucalyptus oil, which is stimulating, removes exhaustion and mental sluggishness and rejuvenates the spirits of the sick. It is also effective in treating stress and mental disorders

Room Freshener: The antiseptic and deodorant nature of eucalyptus oil makes it a perfect room freshener for hospitals and sickbed atmosphere. It also kills bacteria and germs in the air and hence keeps the room environment clean.


Soaps: Eucalyptus oil has applications in soaps, detergents and household cleaners as well.

Mouth Wash: As mentioned above, the oil is a prime ingredient in many mouthwashes and toothpastes.

Sauna: Many people add eucalyptus oil to baths, spas and saunas due to its refreshing and antiseptic effect.
 
http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/natural-essential-oils/health-benefits-of-eucalyptus-essential-oil.html
 
http://www.essortment.com/family/eucalyptusessen_smgu.htm


Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or comment? Leave it here!
I will get back to you ASAP!