Wednesday, June 2

My Braid Spray Mix

I rotate between African Pride Braid Spray and my own spray mix while in braids. I usually use African Pride in the morning then my spray mix during the day and at night.

I used the same products last time I had braids back in March. I had little to no breakage and my hair was quite moisturized when I took my braids out.






This is what's in my Spray Bottle (I don't know exact measurements, sorry, but this sums it up)

  • Aloe Vera Juice (fill the bottle up about 80% to the top)
  • Glycerin (I pour it until I get close to the top of the bottle about 15%)
  • Jojoba Oil (10 Drops)
  • Rosemary Oil- (6 Drops)
  • Coconut Oil- for the smell (a few drops..I put this in until it smells good)
  • Aloe Vera Gel (a few drops)
Here is a little more info on each product
Edited 7/24/2011- I now use Castor Oil in Place of Jojoba, Extra Virgin Olive Oil in place of Coconut Oil and Eucalyptus Oil in Place of Rosemary.
I still get the same benefits!
Before spraying this mix, I sometimes spray my braids with Distilled Water.

Benefits of Vegetable Glycerin for Hair
Apart from being able to return moisture back to dry hair, scalp or skin, glycerin for hair growth is also used. Using glycerin one can greatly condition dry, frizzy and brittle hair. If you are suffering from dry, flaky scalp then rubbing some vegetable glycerin on scalp can greatly alleviate irritation. This is especially beneficial for Afro-African women, who have dry hair or flaky scalp issues. Apart from moisturizing benefits of glycerin for hair care, it also greatly helps to strengthen the hair, which leads to less breakage of the hair, and less formation of split ends.
buzzle.com-glycerin-for-hair

Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel for Hair
Using aloe vera on the hair cleanses and conditions the scalp, helps balance the pH of the scalp, reduces oiliness, moisturizes dry hair and helps repair damaged hair. In addition, the gel from aloe's leaves can even stimulate hair growth in some cases, or at the least, prevent further balding. Similar to its benefits for the skin, aloe vera softens, fortifies and rejuvenates the hair, while it flushes dirt, debris and bacteria from the scalp. It can be used on the hair in a variety of ways, though the most popular consist of purchasing or making your own aloe shampoos and conditioners, or applying pure aloe gel to the hair.
ezinearticles.com/Aloe-Vera-Benefits-For-Hair

Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair
Please check out my previous post

Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Hair
Jojoba Oil is fast emerging as a mystical elixir of life for hair and the fight against hair loss. Though it is not the "be all and end all" as far as the perfect solution for hair problems is concerned, it is an excellent hair treatment for dry hair and a natural hair conditioner acting similar to and having the properties of sebaceous oil (sebum).
articlebase.com-jojoba for hair loss

Benefits of Rosemary Oil for Hair
Rosemary is used to combat the fall of hair, stimulate the growth of new locks, strengthen hair roots, support hair follicles, eliminate dandruff, and clean the scalp and hair of impurities. Both fresh and dry plants can be utilized successfully to make hair-friendly water or spirit infusions to use as aromatic hair conditioners, splitz, or beneficial rinses. In addition, home-made rosemary vinegar, as well as rosemary oil, can be applied to the hair roots or used in different other ways to stop hair loss.
stopnowhairloss.com-how-rosemary-can-help-your-hair-grow


 
I'll be posting more about each of these and my results using them as time passes. So...stay tuned...




Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Instagram!

3 comments:

Have a question or comment? Leave it here!
I will get back to you ASAP!